Skip to main content

FOOD and TRAVEL

I want to go places. I want to eat delicious food. I am in my late 30's. Yes. This is what my blog is all about.

FOOD
I want to share a simple and easy recipe for dessert.  

Creamy Mango Jelly
 Ingredients:
     Ripe mangoes
     1 cup Nestle all-purpose cream
     1 cups condensed milk
     2 evaporated milk
     2 cups water
     24 grams Jelly powder (any brand, I used
     Mr Gulaman)

If you want to make it creamier, you can add 2 cups of all-purpose cream and decrease the amount of water to 1 cup.

It's very easy to do:

Mix all the liquid ingredients in a deep pan. Dissolve the Jelly powder into the liquid ingredients. Cook on a low flame and make sure to stir the whole time.
When it's thick and you think it's ready, prepare for molding.


TRAVEL 

I recently went to Bacolod City in Negros Occidental to attend a church conference. It was my first time to go and  I can say that on the road to Bacolod was breathtaking. Beautiful landscape and gentle people -- City of Smile.

Sad to say, I lost all the pictures I took on the road. I had to format my computer, yes, I had to. I lost all the stills I have for five years. Just because of a hasty unwise decision. Good thing, I still have this on my phone -- The Ruins.

The Ruins
The Ruins side shot






















 The Ruins

From Bacolod North Terminal Bus Stop, a queue of tricyle awaits and will bring you to The Ruins. About  20 to 30 minutes from the terminal, tricycle fare is P50 pax and you need to wait for other passengers or a special trip will cost you P150 ( Driver will wait for 1 hour). Fare is a bit pricey maybe because the place is really far from the main road.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ground Pork Sotanghon Soup

This Ground Pork Sotanghon soup is usually made with chicken strips and broth but my version is a bit different. I used ground pork because of its availability. I also wanted to try this variation. It's best to use LONGI because the noodle is sticky and firm. This is a quick and easy recipe. I only used what's available in my fridge. You can add as many vegetables as you want. This is also the best when garnished with fried garlic flakes. Ingredients 250 grams Sotanghon (LONGI) 250 grams Ground Pork Potatoes (your desire cut) Spring Onions Green Chilli Pepper Canola oil Annato seeds or achuete 1 Knorr pork cubes 1 thumb ginger Garlic Onions Salt Ground Pepper 3 cups water How to prepare Add oil in a deep pan; saute onions, ginger and garlic then; add ground pork. Pour 3 cups of water, potatoes and pork cube; Let it simmer until potato is tender.  Add green chilli and Sotanghon. Also add the colored water.  Add salt to taste.  Garnish with spring

Kinilaw na Lukot (Sea Hare Secretion Salad)

This appetizer is mostly prepared and liked by the Visayans. Visayas is one of the three principal geographical divisions of the Philippine Island.  Lukot a secretion of  the sea creature called Dunsol or Sea Hare is used as the main ingredients of the salad. A really good appetizer rich in nutrients. Mostly found in the seaside area and fish market. This is very cheap around 10 to 15 pesos.The locals don't sell this per kilo. They usually contain a handful of it on banana leaves. Here is a recipe called Kinilaw na Lukot in Visayan. Ingredients:   Lukot (Sea Hare Secretion) 2 pcs. Tomatoes 1 large Red Onion 3 pcs. Red/Green Chilli 1 small Ginger (minced) 1/2 teaspoon tablespoon Salt Coconut Vinegar  1 medium Cucumber 1 medium lemon or calamansi  Easy to prepare Wash the Sea Hare secretion in a flowing water. There's no need to cook. Just combine all the ingredients. Saltiness and spiciness depends on your preference. Lemon or calamsi alway

Chicken Wings Sinugba (Charcoal-Grilled Chicken Wings)

Sinugba is a Visayan term for grilled or roast. This recipe can also be called Chicken Inasal. Here's another chicken recipe you can do at home. Ingredients: 6 pcs. medium size chicken wings 2 tablespoons lemon or calamansi juice 3 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon salt ground pepper Lemon grass (pressed) 1 thumb-size ginger (minced) Annato seeds (to add color) 1/4 cup vegetable oil (for basting) Marinade  In a bowl, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, lemon grass, ginger, pepper and salt Add the chicken wings, make sure that all 6 chicken wings are soaked in the marinade Leave it for 30 minutes Basting In a pan, pour vegetable oil in a very low heat; Add annato seeds or achuete to add color Sauce 2 tablespoons Soy sauce 1 tablespoon lemon (or vinegar) Annato seed oil Chopped onions (optional) Red Chilli (optional) When all are set, you can now start grilling. Note I lik